Friday, May 28, 2010

and another thing...

(this accompanies the post directly below, probably best to read after) The story line of the game is set, you can't choose your character, change your name, or make any decisions as to the course of the game. Which means I'm at the mercy of the developers in who I play as...I guess he does look a little like me, but what if I don't want to be him? What if he didn't look like me? Why are my assistants always beautiful women? Why is the only other woman in the game other than my assistants/nurses an anesthesiologist? All the heads of the hospitals and surgical units, and other surgeons, are men. Hmmmm.

This game never made any claims to be realistic though...aside from the part where they try to make a facsimile of a real surgical experience. But hey, who really cares about particulars?

I'd want to say some shit about the global economy...but my brain is in some weird state between graduation and "real world"...struggling to find meaning through what all I learned, and re-membering it all again in a new context of my post-grad existence. These are the most salient...and I feel there's more I could say, I just can't find it.

Oh...to be a graduate.

No comments: